Monday, February 11, 2008

Is It Possible?

That This Isn't At All What They Want?



Senator Clinton (D. New York)
"Wants To Be The First Woman President"



Senator Obama (D. Illinois)
"Wants To Be The First Black President"

It seems that every news report concerning the Democratic primaries feels obliged to claim that these candidates want to be the first woman/black/anything-other-than-old-white-guy to become president. I'm skeptical
I truly think that their motivation is simply that they want the damn job!
Which, of course is a suspicious thing in itself. Why any sane person should want such a crappy job, I can't imagine. I just haven't figured out which of them is craziest. Sometimes I think it must be Hillary, since she's seen the wonders of the Presidency at first hand. On the other hand, she stayed the course with President Bill, and has managed to be a New York Senator. These are not small accomplishments. Sen. Obama, well, the naysayers are trying to portray him as perhaps naive and unaware of the pitfalls. Well, if Barack doesn't know about hitting in the clinches and all that sort of thing, he'll certainly know about it by November! I personally like his idea of a post-partisan government, but then I also think pigs should be able to fly. This too, falls into the ever-greater number of Good Idea(s) - Too Bad It's Wrong!
I wish them both well, and hope they avoid hitting in the clinches.

No comments: