Monday, August 03, 2009

"Threat Reduction"!


Orwell Was Right! "War is Peace", apparently, at least to some Department of Defense (Hah!) and some Military-Industrial Complex folk. The amusingly-labelled "Threat Reduction Agency" is scoping out the possibility of making the world's biggest-ever bomb - although not the 9.5 million kg size mentioned by the semi-literate and an-metric writer and editor of this article: Pentagon eyes accelerated "bunker buster" bomb. Now there's threat-reduction for you!
Yes, George Orwell proves once again to have been a prophet of modern man.
Reminds me of a graffito I saw on a toilet wall once (in a Navy Club, unsurprisingly): "Support Mental Health Or I'll Kill You".
I do appreciate self-referential, or Orwellian, irony. Helps me keep my apocalyptic view of humanity fresh and growing.

No comments: