Sunday, June 20, 2004

Why I could be wrong ---

Many people have asked me how I came to use the quote at the top of this blog... Actually, no one at all has asked; but I'm going to tell you anyway. A long time ago - in fact, in an earlier millenium, I did very poorly on a calculus exam. I went to my professor and asked, in particular, about one question which I thought I'd answered brilliantly. My professor quickly scanned the page in question and pointed to an operation near the bottom. He said "Here: Good idea; too bad it's wrong." From time to time since then, it has seemed to me that the same could be said of other ideas I have had. Perhaps even of ideas others have had, as well. Some of my ideas have worked out, some have not. I really have no idea if my batting average is better or worse than most. Probably about average, I expect. So far, at least, I seem to have survived everything, though there have been a few close calls. But those are topics for future posts. Enjoy!

No comments: