Sunday, October 10, 2004

Waxing Poetic

As some of you know, I am currently teaching at a small university in Bangkok. English, yes. I'm trying to invent myself as a teacher at the moment. I hope I'm not sailing under false colors to too great a degree. Sometimes I like to show my students a picture, and ask them to write something about it. They're not very English-proficient, but they can be very poetic. Here are some recent examples:

RiverKwai
"When I look at this picture. I feeling to the natural. It's beautiful so much. It's amazing in Thailand because the other nationalitys are rarely gives feel to green. It's for me when I don't happy time. It looking for my friend when I'm alone. I feeling want to live near river. I want to look out from confuse of the city. I want to live with my family, father, mother, sister and brother, It feels hapy for me. I hope it gives me to happy everytime."
Or this one:
KoreanFisherman

The Chinese Old man likes fishing along the river. He loves to do it everyday because fishing is his hobby. He feels happy when he's waiting for the fish. Sometimes if he can get the big one, he will cook and eat it.
Sometimes he can't get anyone but he still sits and relaxs with the nature. The happiness in life is not the money, The true happiness in life is to do the thing that you like.

Couldn't have said it better myself - Miss Rossukol appears to be a sort of modern-day Thai Isaac Walton.

No comments: