Tuesday, December 21, 2004

End 'o year blues...

Well, once again I seem to have made myself too busy. I plead time'0'year. Also work stuff is occupying a lot of my time. Still, there are lots of interesting things going on in the world out there. Some need commenting on; most really don't. Here's one that doesn't, but I am going to comment anyway ---
Once again it appears that form is more important than substance, at least to the American public (sometimes referred to as the Boobocracy for obvious reasons). There is a loud public outcry over the discovery that Secdef Don Rumsfeld failed to actually, personally, in his own hand, sign the letters of condolence he has been sending to families of the soldiers who are dying in Iraq. No outcry over the fact that he sent them there to die! Just anguish over his lack of sufficient sincerity in condoling over the deaths he has caused! "Oh My Oh My", he might exclaim; "these liberals are getting awfully shirty for a group that can't even win an election." "You should just shut up", he might well further exclaim.
Am I to infer from this hullaballoo that it's okay for one to send people out to die for a pointless purposeless demonstration of raw military power, as long as one apologises sufficiently abjectly for doing so?
So it would seem; so it would seem.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A general comment on all of your blogs. I like them. Signed, Your Mother.