Friday, September 25, 2009

Nice


Isn't it? That we have such staunch defenders of our right to select our own doctor! Unless you're poor, in which case One Will Not Be Appointed For You. We just wouldn't feel right, denying you Freedom Of Choice.
Interestingly, many of these same Defenders Of Freedom also staunchly deny people the right to select their own spouse!
One more cynical than I might suspect a taint of hypocrisy here. But not me!
After all, if the Defense Of Marriage requires us to deny marriage to at least one - perhaps several - Detested Minorities, then sobeit!
And for those who aren't up on their Holy Bible; you should be reminded that, somewhere in The Book Of Genesis, The Lord says, and I quote: "I Said Adam And Eve - Not Adam And Steve, You Morons!" I haven't found the exact spot in the bible where it says that, but many Fox News-like commentators and bible-thumping Charlatans have assured us all that that is what the Lord Sayeth. For those few retro folk who insist on the notion that there is some sort of Separation Of Church And State, I suggest you check out the Federal Register. There's even an entire office of government dedicated to defining just who does and who does not fit the definition of Church.
Oh Well. I've drifted from my original intent a bit here. The point I wished to make: Perhaps the Defenders Of Marriage For All - those who want to include Gays(Oh, My!) and Lesbians (Oh, My!) as worthy of selecting the spouse of their choice, should buy a clue from the defenders of medical choice. Buy youself a passel of politicians!

No comments: