Saturday, June 13, 2009

Avoid Reality


At All Cost!... As it says here, the leading lights at PETA are deeply saddened that the scapegrace employees at

Pike Market

are being so disrespectful of the salmon: Seattle's Pike Place fishmongers under fire.
Still, as Jeremy Ridgway, a manager at one of the fish stalls says "I mean, the fish are dead,..."
I gotta admit, it makes me a little bit crazy when people become so focussed on a single issue to the exclusion of all else, that they lose track of what's real in the world. I suppose it's nice for them to be able to worry about Dead Salmon, rather than have to worry about the fact that Live Salmon are being driven to extinction - partly because of their own heedless selfish and self-centered unsustainable assault on the environment.
To quote the Judge from the long-gone TV show "Picket Fences"; I Order You All To Get Real!

No comments: