Sunday, August 17, 2008

I Leave It To You

Dear Reader...
To figure this out: “We want to bring out the pro-American energy people,” Rep. Virginia Fox (R-N.C.) said. “We are going to soon, we hope, separate the sheep from the goats here. Are you pro-American energy? Are you anti-American energy?”. The Hill (August 17)
With rhetoric like this, it's pretty clear, if nothing else is, that "No Child Left Behind" hasn't been of much worth in educating congresspersons. I know, I know, politicians have long since Divorced old barren Reason from my Bed...(Rubaiyat LV, Fitzgerald); but at least Omar had scansion (well, this is from the Fitzgerald translations). Here we see that "old barren Reason" has been replaced with... What? An appeal to old barren Mindless-Self-Destructiveness? I find myself feeling somewhat pro-anti American Energy myself, believing deep in my heart that there is no energy anywhere else in the world that can replace good old American energy. Nobody can burn energy like a good old American, either!

No comments: