Monday, April 13, 2009

An Example


A Tutelary (ahem) Example of my thesis regarding Rules & Regulations: "When all the rules-that-make-sense have been made, the rule-makers, having nothing better to do (my suggestion - Self Destruct) commence upon making non-sensical rules." Such appears to be the case here: Amazon responds to queries, blames a 'glitch'. I really do not suppose that Amazon.com has any formal policy saying something like Gay Books Are Yucky - Hide Them From The Kids. I think some flunky with too much time (and too little brain) simply decided to Clean Up a minor personally irritating loose end.
I think it encouraging, in these benighted times, that people not only noticed, but inquired about this imbecilic situation.
A little embarrassment for a corporation can be a rejuvenating thing. Of course, The Great American Corporation& ™ has been getting a lot of that lately. See, for instance, what Google News has to say about General Motors.
Remarkable how an "Iconic Company" managed to maneuver itself so handily into such a dire end. There's Irony there somewhere, but I don't really know just where.

No comments: