Wednesday, April 01, 2009

It Takes A Cop


Just how insecure; or lame; or limp, is a man who so fears his wife's rejection of his sexual advances that he needs a law. A law that says, in essence, "If you don't let me f... you, I'll call the cops!" Yes, that's what the government (such as it is) of Afghanistan - "Afghan Law Ignites Debate on Religion, Sex" - has decreed. So it goes when you are beset by a Shame-Based Society. Sex is a secretive shameful thing. You have to ask a Higher Power, like God, or Allah, or, in a pinch, an ordinary stiff (ahem), like a Mullah, or a Pope, or President, for permission to engage in some kind of sexual activity. Pass the responsibility for your feelings and urges to somebody else. Now I have to admit that this is actually a pretty good idea! "Not My Fault!", you can say. "God Told Me To Do It!"
But ultimately I suspect it's just another case of

"Good Idea; Too bad it's wrong"


No comments: