Thursday, May 27, 2004

I'm returning home...

I'm at the end of a very nice vacation here in America, and it's time to go back home to Thailand. It's a very nice place, if you don't mind sweating a lot. I expect I'll be pretty busy at work, but not to worry; I'll be back here to post bigger and better (i.e. more sarcastic) diatribes from time to time. It's really too easy.
For example, this morning in the news: "The war on terrorism has resulted in the liberation of 50 million people in Afghanistan and Iraq, and the protection of their rights... People in thosse countries did not have the kinds of protections that we're used to in the United States, and now they do." Scott McClellan (White house press secretary) (Washington Post, May 27, 2004). What is this guy saying? We humiliate, beat, and kill our citizens too? If we liberated these countries, how coume they aren't liberated? At least, it seems some of the liberated people in Afghanistan and Iraq don't feel very liberated. I wonder if Mr. McClellan can pass the blush test.

No comments: