Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Protecting Marriage

There's been a lot of arguing going on lately about marriage. I really don't have much interest in marriage, myself, anymore. But it does seem to me that if somebody told me I couldn't marry, why then I'd probably think that that was a big deal.
I decided to do a little research. Only a little, because I'm a lazy guy. So, I downloaded a copy of the United States Constitution(tm), so I could do a keyword search. I searched on: "homosexual", "gay", "queen", "fag", "faggot", "lez", "lezzie", "lesbian", and a few other more derogatory terms I don't think are fit for a family blog like this one. I got 0 hits. This sort of surprised me, because so many people over the years and the decades and, yes, even over the centuries, seem to have found things in the Constitution that told them some citizens had more rights than other citizens. Well, it turns out that homosexuals, gays, queens, ..., etc., have the same constitutional rights as everybody else!
I think the president should know about this, because he took an oath (on the Holy Bible, no less!) to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. I think this means his job is to defend the Constitution from people who want to put words in it to make some citizens have different rights from other citizens. As a compassionate guy, and especially as a uniter and not a divider, I expect he can do no less.

No comments: